5 Simple Stretches
Try this flexibility routine, created by Mom Squad fitness expert Sharon Monplaisir for Christina Singleton. Remember to stretch every time you work out!
1. Upper body. Stand in a doorway, with your right arm extended up, resting on the door frame. Lean forward with your body, keeping your arm steady. Hold for 30 seconds, then switch arms.
2. Hips. Place your right palm, arm outstretched, against a wall and cross your right leg behind your left leg, which should remain parallel to the wall. Lean to the right to feel a stretch in your left hip. Hold, then switch directions to stretch your left hip. (This not only loosens your hip muscles, but is good for your knees.)
3. Glutes. Lie on the floor on your back and lift your right knee towards your chest. Hold, then cross your right ankle over your left knee. Lift your left knee towards your chest. Hold, then switch legs.
4. Hamstrings. Roll a towel lengthwise. Lie on your back and, holding an end of the towel in each hand, put your right foot in the center of the towel. Lift your leg as high as you can, hold, then switch legs.
5. Quads. Lie on your stomach and bend your right leg back, so your toes are pointing towards your head. Keeping both hips on the floor, grab your ankle to feel the stretch. Hold, then repeat with your left leg.