With so many monthly subscription services available to parents, it was only a matter of time before Amazon got in on the action. Amazon's venture, Amazon Mom, is a monthly "subscribe and save" membership program created to provide deep discounts on essential products needed from prenatal time through toddler years. Don't let the name fool you, the program is available to anyone expecting a baby or currently caring for a young child. The marketing gurus decided "Amazon Primary Caretaker" just did not have quite the same ring to it. That's right dads, you can get in on the savings, too!
What sets Amazon Mom apart from other "subscribe and save" services is the consumer can choose from hundreds of products from multiple brands, rather than just a single brand's products. This allows parents to set up monthly deliveries of various products regularly used (e.g. diapers, wipes, formula and food). The more products parents sign up for, the better the discount.
The annual $79 membership offers:
• 20 percent off diapers and wipes with Subscribe & Save, Amazon's monthly delivery service
• 20 percent off other family essential subscriptions when five or more Subscribe & Save items are ordered
• Free two-day shipping on millions of items with Amazon Prime
• Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Videos
• A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library
• Other Prime benefits: invite up to four household members to share your Prime shipping benefits for free
• A 15 percent discount for baby registry completion. You can purchase the remaining items from your registry at 15 percent off.
Note: Amazon Prime members will instantly gain access to Amazon Mom benefits upon signing up.
For a limited time, Amazon is offering a free three-month trial to Amazon Mom with limited features:
• 20 percent off diapers and wipes subscriptions with Subscribe & Save
• Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime shipping
• Exclusive discounts and deals
• A 30-day trial of Prime Instant Video allowing streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows
Bottom line: Amazon Mom will help you save time, money and the headache of running out of the products your family uses on a regular basis. Besides, who doesn't want to limit those trips to the store with a screaming child in tow?