Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: BAKING TIME: 45 minutes Serves: 8 servings Nonstick cooking spray or vegetable oil to grease the pie plate
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
1/2 cup oatmeal
4 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup fresh cranberries
1 tablespoon sugar
4 1/4 cups sliced baking apples (such as Granny Smith)
Whipped cream, optional
Measure ingredients, toss cranberries in sugar, combine berries and apples in the baking pan, and sprinkle on topping.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
2. In a small bowl, mix the flour and the light brown sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture gets crumbly. Add the oatmeal and stir until the mixture becomes pebbly.
3. Melt the raspberry jam in a small pot over low heat. Stir the flour into the jam until blended.
4. In a medium-size bowl, toss the cranberries with the sugar, then combine the coated cranberries with the apple slices in the prepared pie plate. Drizzle the jam mixture over the fruit and top evenly with the oatmeal mixture.
5. Bake on the center rack for 40 to 45 minutes, until the apples are tender and the topping is nicely browned. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired. per serving ( 3/4 cup): 225 calories, 6 g fat (3.6 g saturated), 35 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol.