- 2 (16 ounces each) family size frozen pound cakes, thawed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Neon pink and neon blue food coloring (McCormick)
- 15 mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons each pink and blue decorating sugars
- 6 yellow M&M minis
- 1 strand each red and black licorice laces
- Clean scissors
- 3 freezer weight zip lock bags
Trimming the cakes:
- Place the thawed pound cakes on a clean work surface. Cut each cake in half crosswise. Trim a 3/4-inch wedge from either side of trimmed end.
- Arrange the cake pieces on a serving platter standing a cake, trimmed end down, against the other trimmed piece to make 2 booties. Secure with some of the vanilla frosting. Spread the top of the standing cake with some of the vanilla frosting and make smooth.
Frosting the cakes:
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a zip lock bag. Divide the remaining vanilla frosting between 2 bowls. Tint one bowl pale blue and one pale pink with the food coloring. Spoon each color into a separate zip lock bag. Seal the bags.
- Snip a small corner from each of the bags with the frostings. Pipe the pink frosting in small light loops along the base of one of the cakes. Repeat with other rows of tight loops to cover all but 1 inch from the top edge of the cake.
- Pipe 2 rows of tight loops with the vanilla frosting along the top edge. Pipe a line of pink frosting along the top inside edge.
- Repeat the same method with the light blue frosting.
To complete the decoration:
- Place each colored sugar in small bowls. Cut the mini marshmallows in half on the diagonal. Press 15 pieces, cut side down, into each colored sugar to make the flower petals.
- Arrange 3 like colored flowers on the side of each bootie. Press a yellow mini M&M in the center of each flower.
- Arrange the licorice pieces into a small bow shape. Press the licorice bows on the top edge of each cake.