- 1 (9 by 13-inch) cake
- 1 jumbo cupcake or muffin
- 1 can (16 ounces) plus 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) black decorating frosting
- A bread knife
- 1 freezer weight zip lock bag
Trimming the cake:
- Place the cake on a clean work surface. Cut a 2-inch strip from one short end of cake. Cut cake strip into a 7-inch length.
- Trim 1 inch from either long sides of cake, tapering in towards the cut end. Round out the bottom corners.
- Cut a 2-inch piece from one of the trimmed cake pieces for the top of the bottle.
- Remove the paper liner from the cupcake. Stand the cupcake up on the flat end and cut in half. Reserve one half for another use.
- Arrange the cake and cupcake pieces on a serving platter as seen in the template, using some vanilla frosting to secure.
Frosting the cake:
- Tint 1/2 cup of the vanilla frosting yellow with the food coloring. Spoon the yellow frosting into a zip lock bag.
- Tint 1/2 cup of the vanilla frosting pink with the food coloring. Spread the pink frosting over the “nipple” area of cake and make smooth.
- Spread the remaining vanilla frosting over the “bottle” part of cake and make smooth.
To complete the cake:
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the yellow frosting. Pipe vertical lines over the “lid” cake area as seen in photo.
- Use the black decorating frosting to pipe lines and ounces on the top of the bottle cake.