|Prep time: 15 minutes |
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbs confectioners' sugar
- 6 Tbs butter, melted andcooled, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place apple slices in a bowl with lemon juice. Toss with cinnamon and confectioners' sugar.
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add apples and 4 tablespoons butter. Cook on low-medium heat, stirring, for 4 minutes. Remove from heat when apples are tender.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs, salt, flour, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Spread apples evenly in skillet. Pour batter over the top. Bake about 20 minutes, until no moist spots are left in batter.
- Remove from oven and immediately flip over onto a large plate. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
|How kids can help: Measure ingredients.|
Per serving: 383 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated), 210 mg sodium, 210 mg cholesterol.