Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
Serving size: 4 or 5 wedges
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 small)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise, and place it flat side down on a cutting board. Cut the potato halves into 1-inch-wide wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Place the potatoes on a roasting pan and brush with the oil mixture. Lay the potatoes flesh side down on the pan and put the pan in the oven.
- Cook until potatoes, turning once, until soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and season with remaining1/2 teaspoon salt. Let the wedges cool for a bit, and serve warm.
For dunking, ketchup always works (at 15 calories per tablespoon), or try a squeeze of fresh lime juice for a British chips-and-vinegar effect.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 171, Carbs 30g, Fiber 5g, Protein 2g, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1g
From Allison Fishman's You Can Trust a Skinny Cook