Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, 2 each
- 4 mini-whole-wheat pitas, split
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (such as Perdue)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place split pitas on a baking sheet. Put chicken, carrot, corn and barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Spoon 2 tablespoons chicken mixture onto each pita.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs of cheese on top of each, and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 8 minutes.
How kids can help: Place the pitas on baking sheet; mix chicken, carrot, corn and sauce; sprinkle on cheese.
Per serving: 238 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 523 mg sodium, 38 mg cholesterol
Tip: For a lighter taste, substitute honey mustard dressing for barbecue sauce.