Beef and Veggie Mini-Sloppy Joes
You and your little chefs will have fun whipping up these quick, easy sloppy joes.
Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground sirloin or turkey
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen Southwestern-style corn
- 1 15-oz can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 package slider buns
- Brown 1 lb lean ground sirloin or turkey in a large skillet until it's cooked through and crumbly; drain.
- Add 1 cup frozen chopped onion; cook 5 minutes. Add 1 cup frozen Southwestern-style corn; cook 3 minutes. Add 1 (15-oz) can sloppy joe sauce and 1 tsp ground cumin; cover and cook for a few minutes. Spoon onto slider buns.
Get the kids in on the action: Have him measure the onion and corn and assemble the sliders.
Picky-eater pleaser: Make a simple hamburger and side it with corn.