- 1 (9-inch square) cake
- 1 cup dark chocolate frosting
- Black, neon blue and blue food coloring
- 2 cups canned vanilla frosting
- 1 cup large chocolate nonpareils
- ¼ cup Snow Caps
- 3 yellow fruit chews (Laffy Taffy, Tootsie Roll Fruit Chews)
- Bread knife
- 2 freezer weight ziplock bags
- Rolling pin
- Small duck shaped cookie cutter or template
- Paring knife
Trimming the cake:
- Place the cake on a work surface. Use a bread knife trim the top of the cake to make level and discard scraps. Turn the cake over to have trimmed side down. Use a 3-1/2-inch glass or round cookie cutter to remove a piece of cake at center of one edge of cake. Use a paring knife to remove a 1-1/2-inch piece of cake along the edge to make the opening of the bib.
- Cut the large chocolate nonpareils in half with a small knife.
- Microwave the unwrapped yellow fruit chews for no more than 3 seconds until slightly softened. Roll out each piece into a 2-1/2-inch oval. Use the duck cookie cutter or template and cut out 3 duck shapes. Set aside.
Frosting the cake:
- Tint the dark chocolate frosting black with the food coloring. Spoon the frosting into a zip lock bag. Tint 2 tablespoons of the vanilla frosting bright blue with the food coloring. Spoon the frosting into a zip lock bag. Tint the remaining vanilla frosting light neon blue with the food coloring.
- Spread the top and sides of cake with the neon blue frosting and make smooth.
To complete the cake:
- Press the cut side of the chocolate nonpareils along the outside edge of the frosted cake.
- Snip a small corner from the bags with the black and blue frostings.
- Pipe a line along the circular edge of the cake (neck opening) with the black frosting. Place the Snow Caps on top of the frosting.
- Arrange the 3 fruit chew ducks near the bottom edge of the cake. Pipe the word "Baby" above the ducks with the black frosting. Pipe the ducks' eyes with the black frosting. Pipe some water at the base of the fruit chew ducks with the blue frosting.