- 6 blue or pink fruit chews (Jolly Rancher or Air Head)
- 8 small light blue or pink jellybeans
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Blue or red food coloring
- 1 (9-inch) square cake
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 cup blue or pink round candies (Sixlets)
- A bread knife
- Clean scissors
- 2 freezer weight zip lock bags
Trimming the cake:
- Place the cake on a clean work surface. Use the bread knife to trim the top of the cake to make level.
- Place the cake cut side down on a serving platter.
Frosting the cake:
- Tint 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting blue or pink with the food coloring. Spoon the tinted frosting into a zip lock bag.
- Spoon the chocolate frosting into a zip lock bag.
- Spread the remaining vanilla frosting on the top and sides of the cake and make smooth.
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the blue or pink frosting and pipe an outline on the top edge of the cake.
To complete the cake:
- Unwrap the fruit chews and microwave for no more than 3 seconds to soften. Press the 3 together and roll out to a 5-inch oval. Repeat with the remaining fruit chews.
- Cut out the 2 feet shapes. Arrange the fruit chew feet next to each other on the lower left of the cake.
- Cut 2 jellybeans in half crosswise to make the small toes. Add the jellybeans as the toes as pictured.
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the chocolate frosting and pipe the birth information next to the feet.
- Press the round candies close together all around the base of the cake.