- 12 vanilla cupcakes baked in flowered liners*
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 cups flaked coconut, chopped fine
- 12 marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons each pink and light blue decorating sugars
- 24 thin pretzel sticks
- 6 each pink and light blue jellybeans
- 24 chocolate chips
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) black decorating frosting
- 1 cup green sprinkles (optional)
*Flowered cupcake liners can be purchased at the grocery store from Reynolds
- 1 freezer weight zip lock bag
- Clean scissors
Frosting the cupcakes:
- Place the coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a zip lock bag.
- Spread some of the remaining vanilla frosting on top of a cupcake and mound slightly.
- 4. Roll the top of the cupcake in the chopped coconut to cover completely. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes, frosting and coconut.
To complete the cupcakes:
- Place the pink and blue decorating sugars in separate small bowls. Cut the marshmallows in half, crosswise. Dip 12 pieces, cut side down, in the pink sugar. Repeat with the blue sugar.
- Insert a pretzel stick into the short side of each marshmallow to support the ears on the cupcakes.
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe a line of frosting around outer edge of the sugared marshmallow. Dip frosting edges into coconut to cover. Repeat with the remaining marshmallows.
- To make the ears, insert 2 like colored marshmallows, pretzel ends into cupcake, at an outside edge of the frosted cupcake.
- Pipe 2 dots of vanilla frosting for the eyes and press the chocolate chips into the frosting, pointed end in. Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on top of the cupcake and add the jellybean for the nose.
- Pipe the whiskers with the black decorating frosting. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Sprinkle the surface with the green sprinkles if desired.