Carrot Cake Cookies
1/2 cup hard margarine or butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cup cooked mashed carrot
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup raisins
4 oz. cream cheese
2 1/2 tablespoon butter softened
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's)
1 to 2 teaspoons milk
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
1. Cream butter and sugar in bowl. Add egg, beat well. Add carrot, milk, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add to butter mixture in 2 sets. Mix well after each set, until no flour is left.
3. Add rolled oats and raisins, mix well.
4. Drop 1 tablespoon-fulls of mixture on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool on wire racks.
6. To make the icing, mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Sift in powdered sugar and add milk until smooth. Spread over cookies.