Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
* 2 tsp butter
* 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
* 4 eggs
* 2 egg whites
* 2 Tbs water
* 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar
* Salt and pepper
* 4 strips precooked bacon
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Melt butter over medium-high heat in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet (e.g., cast iron). Add apple slices and sauté 1 minute, or until softened.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, and water until frothy. Stir in cheddar, salt, and pepper.
4. Put bacon strips on top of apples. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook 2 minutes, until bottom and sides of frittata are set. (Resist the urge to stir!) Carefully transfer skillet to broiler and cook 6 inches from heat, 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is set. Cut into wedges.
Per serving: 194 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated), 333 mg sodium, 234 mg cholesterol.