Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
To make ahead: Fully prepare up to two days before, then reheat over medium heat, stirring. Add a little milk to keep potatoes creamy.
* 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half
* Pinch of salt
* 8 oz-package reduced-fat cream cheese
* 2 1/2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
* 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
* 4 tbs unsalted butter
1. Place potatoes and salt in a pot and add cold water to cover by at least 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash until chunky. Add remaining ingredients and mash until incorporated or smooth.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients.
Per serving: 377 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated), 766 mg sodium, 54 mg cholesterol.