Cheesy Veggie Scramble
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: about 5 minutes
YIELD: 2 servings
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbs thinly sliced scallion
- 2 Tbs thinly sliced zucchini or asparagus
- 1 Tbs sliced red or green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
1. Tbs grated reduced-fat mozzarella or cheddar 1. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add vegetables, salt, and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Crack eggs directly into skillet. Using a fork or whisk, scramble into the vegetables.
3. Sprinkle on cheese and cook about 11?2 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and cheese has melted. Serve with toast, bagels, or English muffins.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure ingredients; older kids can sprinkle on cheese.
PER SERVING 111 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated), 232 mg sodium, 221 mg cholesterol