Cheesy Veggie Scramble
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: about 5 minutes
YIELD: 2 servings
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbs thinly sliced scallion
- 2 Tbs thinly sliced zucchini or asparagus
- 1 Tbs sliced red or green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
1. Tbs grated reduced-fat mozzarella or cheddar 1. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add vegetables, salt, and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Crack eggs directly into skillet. Using a fork or whisk, scramble into the vegetables.
3. Sprinkle on cheese and cook about 11⁄2 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and cheese has melted. Serve with toast, bagels, or English muffins.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure ingredients; older kids can sprinkle on cheese.
PER SERVING 111 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated), 232 mg sodium, 221 mg cholesterol