PREP: 20 minutes
BAKE: 30 minutes
YIELD: 6 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (10-oz) can tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Pinch chili powder
- 1?2 tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8.5-oz) package corn-muffin mix
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken and brown, then add tomatoes, corn, chili powder, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into the pie pan, and top with grated cheese.
3. In a mixing bowl, prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Spread evenly over chicken mixture, and bake for 30 minutes, or until corn-muffin topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbling.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Sprinkle cheese; spread the corn-muffin batter on top.
PER SERVING: 376 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated), 1,082 mg sodium, 83 mg cholesterol