Prep: 12 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
8 presoaked wooden skewers
Fruit and dip:
- 16 hulled strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cantaloupe, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 Tbs low-fat mayo
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs orange juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs reduced-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
1. Coat grill or broiler with cooking spray, then heat. Alternate pieces of fruit on 4 skewers. Set aside. In a bowl, mix mayo, yogurt and orange juice. Set aside.
2. Mix oil, broth and lemon juice in a small bowl. Slide chicken onto skewers; brush with oil mixture. Grill 10 minutes or until done, turning once and basting with remaining oil mixture.
3. Remove chicken from skewers and serve with fruit and dip.
How kids can help: Combine ingredients for dip; mix chicken basting sauce.
Per serving: 286 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated), 183 mg sodium, 64 mg cholesterol