Chicken Nuggets/ Chicken Croquettes
Make it for kids, then tweak it for adults -- and everybody's happy!
PREP: 15 minutes
BAKE: 25 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings (4 nuggets per child, 2 croquettes per adult)
* Cooking spray
* 2 large eggs
* 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
*2 cups large chunks of rotisserie chicken breast
* 1 small onion, in chunks
* Salt and black pepper
* 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
* 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Beat eggs in medium bowl. Put bread crumbs in pie plate.
2. Pulse chicken, onion, salt, and pepper in food processor until finely chopped. Add to eggs, and stir to combine.
3. Divide in half. For kids: Shape into 8 nuggets; roll in crumbs; place on sheet. For adults: Mix spinach and cheddar into remaining half. Form 4 logs, roll in crumbs; place on second sheet.
4. Bake nuggets for 15 to 18 minutes and croquettes for 22 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, turning halfway through.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure and mix ingredients.
PER SERVING: kids 231 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated), 780 mg sodium, 169 mg cholesterol; adults 411 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated), 1,072 mg