Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- (12-oz) jar chicken gravy
- (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt half the butter with half the oil. Add carrots and celery, and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in pan; add chicken. Add salt, pepper and thyme. Brown on all sides. Continue to cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until done.
- In prepared pie dish, combine chicken, peas, carrots, celery and gravy. Top mixture with crust, crimping the edges. Cut slashes in the middle, and bake for 35 minutes or until filling is bubbling.
How kids can help: Measure dry ingredients; mix ingredients in pie plate; crimp edges of crust.
Per serving: 395 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated), 683 mg sodium, 79 mg cholesterol