Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 10-oz box frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 six-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce (in deli section of supermarket)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup leftover diced cooked chicken
1. Squeeze excess liquid from the spinach. Place 4 tortillas on a work surface. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto on each tortilla, then top with 1/4 cup spinach.
2. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup each cheese and chicken. Top with remaining tortillas and press firmly.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook each quesadilla until cheese melts and tortillas are golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Cut each into quarters before serving.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; squeeze spinach; assemble quesadillas.
Per quesadilla: 484 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated), 770 mg sodium, 44 mg cholesterol.