Citrusy Pasta Salad
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes for the pasta
Yield: 7 cups
* 8 oz campanelle (petal-shaped) pasta or small shells
* 1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
* 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
* 1 medium red pepper, diced
* 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
* 1/3 cup honey mustard dressing, such as Ken's
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Put in a large serving bowl.
2. Add oranges, goat cheese, red pepper, and celery. Pour honey mustard dressing over the salad, and toss to combine.
How kids can help: Crumble the goat cheese; toss pasta with dressing.
Per serving (1 cup): 217 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated), 139 mg sodium, 6 mg cholesterol.