Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 30 to 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 14 3/4-oz can cream-style corn
- 1/2 each small red and green bell pepper, cored and diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 Tbs chopped white or red onion
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a shallow 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, flour, butter, cream, and salt. When blended, stir in the corn, peppers and onion. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until fairly firm in the middle. If the top browns too quickly, cover with foil.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; stir corn, peppers and onions together.
Per serving: 178 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated), 272 mg sodium, 114 mg cholesterol