Cookie Recipe: Peanutties
Recipe Notes: Preheat oven to 325 degrees; reduce oven temperature to 300 after you put the baking sheets into the oven. Using a large stand mixer works well with this recipe.
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped salted cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar for rolling
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and peanut butter for 30 seconds. Add the sugars and beat until creamy. Mix the vanilla with the beaten egg and add to the sugar/peanut butter mixture. Beat until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon or electric mixer. Stir the white chocolate chips and the peanuts into the dough.
4. Roll into rounded tablespoon size balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place on non-stick baking sheets two inches apart. (Do not flatten the dough portions.) You can line your sheets with parchment paper, if you like.
5. Reduce your oven temperature to 300 degrees when you put the cookies into the oven. After 18 minutes remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheets for 10 minutes and then move them to a cooling rack. They will be soft when you remove them from the oven; they will set up. Raise the oven temperature to 325 and reduce to 300 each time you put your baking sheets in the oven.
Submitted by Judith Mueller