Cranberries and chunks of apples give this holiday staple a tasty kick
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
YIELD: 6 servings
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (or 12 oz) cranberries
- 2 apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
1. Place cranberries in a strainer; rinse and pick them over, removing any stems or blemished berries.
2. Peel, core, and dice the apples.
3. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, water, and apple juice to a boil. Add berries and diced apples. Boil, stirring continuously, for 10 minutes, or until berries pop.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until chilled. Serve cold.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure ingredients; check the berries; dice apples with a small plastic knife.
PER SERVING: 328 calories, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 2 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol