Cranberry-Nut Crunch Cookies
From From Shani Dutton, mom of Grayden, 5, Todd, 3, and Sophie, 1, Hurricane, UT (Makes 2 dozen)
- 1 (1-lb) package almond bark
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or almonds)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup plain shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
CORRECTION: Shani Dutton suggests using vanilla almond bark instead of chocolate almond bark as pictured.
1. Place bark in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Heat for 1 minute, then stir and scrape. Heat for 30 seconds; stir and scrape. Continue at 10-second intervals until fully melted.
2. Mix in the cranberries, peanut butter, marshmallows, nuts, and any optional ingredients, if desired. Slowly add cereal 1 cup at a time, until evenly coated. You can add a little less or a little more, depending on how crunchy you want the cookie.
3. Dollop mounds of the mixture onto wax-paper-covered cookie sheets. Place in the refrigerator or a cool place for 20 minutes to set before eating. Store between layers of wax paper in the refrigerator, or freeze up to 3 months.