COOK: 25 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
* 1 can (10 3/4 oz) 98% fat-free, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
* 1 cup water
* 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
* 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
* 2 cups frozen mixed- vegetable medley (such as Birds Eye broccoli, corn, and peppers), thawed
1. Whisk soup and water in a nonstick skillet until combined. Heat until just boiling, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in rice, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes. Add chicken and mixed vegetables, and stir to combine. Cover and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure chicken and rice; help thaw veggies by running under cold water.
PER SERVING (1 1/2 cups): 350 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated), 382 mg sodium, 66 mg cholesterol