Creme de Menthe Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 teaspoons mint extract
few drops green food coloring
1 1/2 cups flour, minus one tablespoon
11 Andes mints, cut in half
confectioner's sugar for finishing
Yield: 22 cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend butter and confectioner's sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Add mint extract and food coloring, one drop at a time, until desired coloring is reached.
4. Add flour, one half at a time, until well mixed.
5. Shape one tablespoon dough around a mint, enclosing completely, and rolling into a ball.
6. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 12-13 minutes.
7. Cool on cookie sheet for five minutes, then roll in confectioner's sugar while cookies are still warm. Cool on rack.