Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 head fresh broccoli (or 1 lb precut florets)
- 3 Tbs water
- 3 Tbs butter
- 20 butter-flavored crackers
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddr
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash broccoli and cut into bite-size florets. Place into a 1 1/2-quart, microwave-safe baking dish. Add water, and microwave on high for about 8 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still slightly firm. Drain well. Rinse and dry the baking dish, then lightly butter it with 1 Tbs butter. Arrange broccoli in a single layer in the pan.
2. Put crackers into a resealable plastic bag, and pound until they're crushed. You should have about 2?3 cup of crumbs.
3. Sprinkle the broccoli with salt, and top with the cheese. In a small saute pan, melt remaining butter then remove from heat. Add cracker crumbs, and stir until coated. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the broccoli.
4. Bake about 20 minutes, or until browned.
How kids can help: Arrange broccoli florets in baking dish; pound crackers in plastic bag; sprinkle cheese.
Per serving: 198 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated), 317 mg sodium, 35 mg cholesterol