Prep 5 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Bake: 10 to 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup whole-grain cereal flakes (like Wheaties or Total)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ, unsweetened
- 2 Tbs grated parmesan
- 6-oz package macaroni and cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup White Puree
- 1/2 to 1/2 cup Orange Puree
- 2 Tbs butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat casserole dish with cooking spray. Put cereal in zip-close bag and crush to coarse crumbs. Pour crumbs in a bowl and mix in wheat germ and parmesan.
2. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, adding White Puree, Orange Puree or both (use no more than 1/2 cup puree total per 6-oz box of macaroni and cheese). Transfer to casserole dish, sprinkle with crunchy topping and dot with butter. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until topping is golden.
Per serving: 313 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated), 418 mg sodium, 45 mg cholesterol.