Crunchy Mac and Cheese
Prep 5 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Bake: 10 to 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
* Cooking spray
* 1 cup whole-grain cereal flakes (like Wheaties or Total)
* 1/4 cup wheat germ, unsweetened
* 2 Tbs grated parmesan
* 6-oz package macaroni and cheese
* 1/4 to 1/2 cup White Puree
* 1/2 to 1/2 cup Orange Puree
* 2 Tbs butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat casserole dish with cooking spray. Put cereal in zip-close bag and crush to coarse crumbs. Pour crumbs in a bowl and mix in wheat germ and parmesan.
2. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, adding White Puree, Orange Puree, or both (use no more than 1/2 cup puree total per 6-oz box of macaroni and cheese). Transfer to casserole dish, sprinkle with crunchy topping, and dot with butter. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until topping is golden.
Per serving: 313 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated), 418 mg sodium, 45 mg cholesterol.