Prep time: 8 minutes Cook time: none Serves: 2 sandwiches 1 can (6 oz) tuna, in spring water
1 small apple
1 celery stalk
1 Tbs mayonnaise
1 Tbs light sour cream
1 tsp ketchup, optional
Freshly ground black pepper, optional
4 slices whole-wheat bread
4 lettuce leaves
Flake tuna with fork; mix ingredients and spread on bread.
1. Drain the tuna and place it in a small bowl. Use a fork to flake the tuna into small pieces.
2. Core the apple. Dice apple and celery.
3. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup (if desired), apple, and celery to bowl with tuna; mix together with fork. Add pepper, if desired.
4. Spread half of the tuna mixture onto two pieces of whole wheat bread, and make sandwiches.
5. Place in sandwich-size plastic containers or wrap in foil. Pack 2 lettuce leaves per sandwich, in a plastic bag, to add to sandwich at lunchtime. per serving (1 sandwich on whole-wheat bread): 312 calories, 7 g fat (1.7 g saturated), 655 mg sodium,30 mg cholesterol. A great source of fiber and iron.