Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned, drained or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp butter
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, ricotta and water until creamy. Stir in pimientos, corn, salt and pepper.
3. Melt butter over medium heat in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet (cast iron works really well). Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook for three minutes, until the bottom and sides of the frittata are set. Don't stir!
4. Carefully remove skillet to the broiler and cook six inches from the heat source for two minutes, or until the top is golden and set. Cut into four wedges. Serve with chips and salsa.
Per serving (1/4 frittata): 215 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated), 594 mg sodium, 234 mg cholesterol.