Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not old-fashioned or natural style)
- 1/3 cup whole or lowfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix the cake mix, peanut butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until blended.
2. Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets. Place the sugar in a shallow dish. Gently press a crisscross pattern on top of cookies with fork dipped in the sugar.
3. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and center is just barely set when lightly touched. Cool 3 minutes on sheets, then remove cookies with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
© Sourcebooks, Inc. The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book by Camilla Saulsbury