Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
* 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
* 2 cups diced cooked chicken
* 1 large Red Delicious apple, cored and diced
* 1 cup red or green seedless grapes, quartered
* 1 Tbs lemon juice
* 8 slices whole-wheat bread or 4 whole-wheat rolls
* 4 large romaine or Boston lettuce leaves
1. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and vinegar.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, and grapes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Add mayonnaise mixture and toss gently.
3. Toast bread. Scoop chicken salad onto bread, and top with a lettuce leaf. Serve sandwiches with a pickle.
How kids can help Cut grapes in quarters using a plastic knife; stir vinegar into mayonnaise; place lettuce on sandwiches.
Per serving: 331 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated), 635 mg sodium, 53 mg cholesterol