1 package (6 oz.) cherry-flavored dried cranberries2 tablespoons rum
2 1/2 cups flour
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 package (8 oz.) yogurt covered raisins
1 cup honey
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup 10x sugar, or as needed for coating
Yield: about 5-6 dozen cookies.
1. Combine cranberries and rum in a measuring cup. Microwave for 15 seconds; remove and stir. Reheat for another 15 seconds and stir again. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together twice the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Stir in oatmeal, walnuts, yogurt covered raisins, and cranberries, mixing until well blended.
4. Measure honey into the measuring cup; microwave for 15 to 20 seconds to thin the consistency. Pour over dry mix.
5. Beat egg in measuring cup with a fork to use residual honey; pour over the dry mixture, combining until all dry mix is worked into the dough. Dough will be stiff and a bit tacky.
6. Spoon teaspoonfuls of dough onto a standard cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Cool thoroughly on cookie sheet before removing.
9. Measure half the 10X sugar into a plastic sandwich bag and add about 4 cookies, shaking well to coat. Repeat and use remaining 10X sugar as needed, until all cookies are coated.