Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking spray
- 1 Tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 salmon fillets, 1/2 inch thick; about 1 1/2 lbs total (ask fish department to remove skin)
- Preheat broiler to high. Coat a broilerproof pan with cooking spray (or line with a piece of foil).
- Mix sugar, mustard, soy sauce and ginger in small bowl. Make shallow cuts diagonally across salmon fillets (this lets the sugar mixture flavor the salmon and speeds up cooking).
- Brush salmon with brown-sugar mixture. Broil 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cook couscous on the stovetop; add flavor with low-sodium chicken broth instead of water.
- Microwave frozen peas; serve with a little butter; season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 375 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 300 mg sodium, 97 mg cholesterol.