Makes 5 dozen cookies
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (e.g., raisins, dried cranberries, chopped dried apricots)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the cake mix, oil, brown sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Blend with electric mixer set on low speed for 1 minute until blended. Mix in the granola, chocolate chunks, and dried fruit with a wooden spoon.
2. Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and center is just barely set when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute on sheets, then remove cookies with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
© Sourcebooks, Inc. The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book by Camilla Saulsbury