This quick and colorful salad actually tastes better if it's made ahead of time
This quick and colorful salad actually tastes better if it's made ahead of time, so the flavors have a chance to develop.
|Prep time: 10 Minutes
- 3 cups grated carrots (2 to 3 large carrots)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian (flat) parsley
- 3 Tbs chopped raisins or sun-dried cranberries or cherries
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs red-wine vinegar
- 5 Tbs olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the carrots, parsley, and raisins. Add salt and pepper. Mix in the vinegar and then the oil and stir well to evenly distribute the dressing. Taste for seasoning. The salad can be made up to 3 hours ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
|How kids can help: Mix ingredients in bowl.|
Per Serving: 132 calories, 11.4 g fat (1.5 g saturated), 21 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol