PREP: 10 minutes
BAKE: 40 to 45 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
* 4 boneless center-cut pork chops (about 1 1/4 lbs)
* Salt and pepper
* 1 Tbs olive oil, divided
* 1 box (10 oz) frozen peas and onions
* 1 lb small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
* 1 tsp jarred pre-chopped garlic or 1 clove, minced
* 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, and brown pork chops on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and add peas and onions, quartered potatoes, and garlic. Drizzle with remaining oil. Stir gently to combine.
3. Add water and cover skillet with lid or foil. Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. If pork seems dry after 30 minutes, add more water. When serving little kids, cut onions in half.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Scrub the potatoes; measure ingredients.
PER SERVING: 376 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated), 228 mg sodium, 83 mg cholesterol