Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24 slices
* Cooking spray
* 1 canister (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza dough
* Flour for dusting work space
* 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbs water
For spinach pinwheels:
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/8 tsp black pepper
* 1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar
For meat pinwheels:
* 2 oz pre-sliced pepperoni
* 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. If making spinach pinwheels, combine olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Lay dough on floured work space and press into a rectangle, about 12 by 16 inches. If making spinach pinwheels, brush with oil mixture. Place a single layer of spinach or pepperoni over dough. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
3. Starting at short end, roll dough into a log. Place on cookie sheet, seam side down. Brush with egg mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Cool slightly and cut into 24 1/2-inch slices.
How kids can help Press dough into a rectangle; place spinach or pepperoni on dough; sprinkle on shredded cheese; brush with egg mixture
Spinach Per Serving: 65 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated), 209 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol
Pepperoni Per Serving: 71 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated), 193 mg sodium, 12 mg cholesterol