Note: As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.
Age: 3 and up. (This project is rated EASY to do.)
What You Need
Materials needed for bubbles:
- 1/2 cup dish soap
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Medium-sized mixing bowl or cup
- Sealed container (jar with lid)
Materials needed for bubble blower:
- one 6-pack plastic soda can holder (the six rings that go around the soda cans)
- one drinking straw (two if you cut the soda holder into smaller parts)
- Scotch tape
- Bowl or pan for bubble liquid
- Scissors, optional
What You Do
Instructions for bubbles:
1. Mix all 3 ingredients together. Don't stir or shake too much.
2. Store in a sealed container. The mixture has a long shelf life -- so don't worry about it going bad.
Instructions for the bubble blower:
1. Tape the holder to the straw.
2. Pour bubbles into bowl or pan.
3. Dip into bubbles, twirl around, and make lots of big bubbles!
* If you have more than one child, you can cut the plastic soda can holder into two sections, to make two wands (an easy way to avoid sibling squabbles!).