MAKES: 24 cupcakes
PREP TIME: 50 Minutes
START TO FINISH: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup marshmallow crème
- ½ teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 12 miniature pretzel twists, broken in half
1. Make, bake and cool Chocolate Cupcakes as directed in recipe.
2. Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting as directed in recipe. Measure 2 cups frosting into small bowl; stir in marshmallow creme. Spoon into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut tiny hole in one bottom corner of bag. (Reserve remaining frosting for another use.)
3. Pipe 3 small dollops of frosting mixture on top of each cupcake to resemble melted marshmallows. Sprinkle with cocoa. Press pretzel half into side of each cupcake for cup handle.
1 Cupcake: Calories 350; Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g; Trans Fat 1.5g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 2g Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 ½ Other Carbohydrate, 2 ½ Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 4
Sweet Success Tip
Leftover frosting? Use it for ice cream topping. Just microwave uncovered on High for about 30 seconds or until hot.
Use a Cake Mix!
Substitute 1 box devil’s food cake mix for the Chocolate Cupcakes. Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes. For the frosting, substitute 2 cups vanilla whipped ready-to-spread frosting (from 2 containers); stir in 1 cup marshmallow creme. Frost and decorate as directed in recipe.