- 1 (9-inch) round cake
- 1 coconut marshmallow snack cake (Hostess Sno Ball)
- 1 cup milk chocolate frosting
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) black decorating frosting
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) red decorating frosting
- 20 pieces black licorice pastels
What you'll need:
- A serving platter
- A bread knife
Trimming the cake:
- Cut a 1-inch angled slice from 2 sides of the cake (see template). Cut 1-inch notches as pictured in the diagram to create the fingers. Round the corners of the notches. Scoop out a Sno Ball-sized groove from the center of the cake to make a well. Set the cake on a serving platter.
Frosting the cake:
- Combine the chocolate and the vanilla frosting to make a light brown frosting. Spread the light brown frosting over the top and the sides of the cake and make smooth.
To complete the decoration:
- Pipe an outline of black frosting to make the mitt lines. Add the black licorice pastels as pictured for the mitt's stitching.
- Place the Sno Ball snack cake in the center of the mitt as the baseball. Pipe 2 red lines on either side of the snack cake.
See all 61 Incredible Birthday Cake Designs