- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- Red food coloring
- 1 frozen pound cake (10.75 oz), thawed
- 1 bar (4 oz) white chocolate
- 2 chocolate-covered doughnuts
- 2 mini-chocolate-covered doughnuts
- Thin pretzel sticks
- 3 red and 2 green Dots
- 4 yellow M&M's
- 2 orange Fruit Loops Cereal Straws
- 1 graham cracker
- 1 cup coarsely crushed chocolate graham-cracker crumbs
What you'll need:
- A bread knife
- 2 resealable sandwich-size plastic bags(Ziploc)
- A serving platter
- A serrated knife
For the white and yellow frosting:
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of the untinted vanilla frosting into a small resealable bag.
- Add yellow food coloring and a few drops of the red food coloring to the remaining frosting to tint it a yellow-orange. Spoon ¼ cup of the yellow-orange frosting into another resealable plastic bag.
Trimming and frosting the cake:
- Place the cake on a clean work surface. Using a bread knife, cut the cake crosswise so you have one 3 by 3 ½-inch cake and one 4 by 3 ½-inch cake. Take the smaller 3 by 3 ½-inch piece and trim a ½-inch slice from either side of the cake (see template). Discard trimmings.
- Place the larger 4 by 3 ½-inch piece, cut side down, on a serving platter. Attach the 3 by 2 ½-inch piece to the front of the tall piece with some of the yellow-orange frosting, as pictured.
- Spread the cakes with the remaining yellow-orange frosting to cover and make smooth.
For the candy decoration:
- Cut the white chocolate into 2 (1 by 1 ½-inch) rectangles and 1 (2 by 3-inch) rectangle for the windows.
- Attach the chocolate doughnuts at the back of the cake as wheels. Press the mini-chocolate-covered doughnuts in front on the smaller cake as the wheels.
- Press the larger white chocolate "window" onto the cab of the bulldozer; press the smaller white-chocolate windows onto either side of the bulldozer's cab.
- Trim the pretzel sticks with a serrated knife and outline the white-chocolate windows with the pretzels.
- Add the red and green Dots to the top of the cake.
- Snip a small corner from the bags with the white and yellow-orange frosting. Pipe white dots in front of the cake and add the red Dots as the lights.
- Pipe the vanilla frosting in the center of the doughnuts and press the yellow candies in, as pictured.
For the bulldozer's shovel:
- Pipe a dot of yellow-orange frosting on top of the back wheels and lay the orange Froot Loops Cereal Straws on top, as pictured.
- Spread the remaining yellow-orange frosting over the graham cracker. Rest the graham cracker in front of the cereal sticks for the bulldozer's shovel.
- Pipe an outline of yellow-orange frosting around the graham cracker. Pile the coarsely crushed chocolate graham crackers around cake and on the shovel.
See all 31 Incredible Birthday Cake Designs