Cherry Pie Birthday Cake Design
Step-by-step recipes, designs and color pics of the easiest (and cutest) birthday cakes for boys and girls
- 1 cake baked in a (9-inch) deep dish pie plate
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- 2 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling, drained
What you'll need:
- 2 resealable sandwich-size plastic bags (Ziploc)
Frosting the cake:
- Tint the vanilla frosting with a few drops of yellow food coloring and the cocoa powder to make a pie-crust beige. Divide the frosting between the 2 resealable plastic bags.
To complete the decoration:
- Spoon the drained cherry pie filling on top of the cake, leaving a 1-inch rim of cake.
- Snip a ½ inch corner from the bags with the beige frosting. Pipe 5 parallel rows of frosting over the pie filling about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Pipe 5 more lines of frosting on the diagonal to make the lattice crust.
- Pipe a decorative edge around outside edge of cake to make the outer crust of pie.