Golf Birthday Cake Design
Step-by-step recipes, designs and color pics of the easiest (and cutest) birthday cakes for boys and girls
- 2 (9-inch) round cakes
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup ground vanilla wafers
- 1 (4-inch) piece of Fruit by the Foot fruit leather
- 1 wheat stick (Pringles) or thin pretzel stick
- 1 large chocolate chip
- 3 white gumballs
What you'll need:
- A serving platter
- A bread knife
- 1 large resealable plastic bag (Ziploc)
Trimming the cake:
- Cut a 1 ½-inch-deep oval from the cake (see template). Arrange the cakes on a serving platter.
Frosting the cake:
- Tint the vanilla frosting grass green with the green and yellow food coloring. Spread the green frosting on the top and sides of the cake to cover completely.
To complete the decoration:
- Place the coconut in a large resealable bag. Add 2 teaspoons warm water and several drops of green and yellow food coloring. Massage the bag until the coconut is tinted bright green. Add more food coloring if desired for a darker color.
- Sprinkle and press the coconut over the cake as shown in the photo for the fairway. Leave a few areas open for the sand traps and putting green.
- Pour the ground vanilla wafers onto the open areas for the sand traps.
- Fold the fruit leather in half over the end of the wheat stick and press together for the flag. Press the wheat stick flag into the putting green area.
- Press the chocolate chip, pointed end down, in the putting green area for the hole. place a few white gumballs on the cake for the golf balls.