- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- 12 unfrosted cupcakes baked in green paper liners*
- ½ cup green decorating sugar
- 12 green gumdrops
- 3 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- Red food coloring
- ½ cup red decorating sugar
- 12 Mallomars
- ½ can (1 cup) chocolate frosting
- 24 brown M&M's Minis
- 1 Tbsp chocolate sprinkles
*Green paper liners can be purchased at Confectioneryhouse.com.
What you'll need:
- A rolling pin or a heavy bottle
- Kitchen shears or scissors
- 1 resealable sandwich-size plastic bag (Ziploc)
For the leaf cupcakes:
- Tint 1 cup of the vanilla frosting green with the green food coloring.
- Spread the green frosting evenly on top of the cupcakes.
- Place the green decorating sugar into a small bowl. Roll the edge of each cupcake in the green sugar to coat.
- Using a rolling pin or a clean, heavy bottle, roll out the green gumdrops in the granulated white sugar to flatten. Using kitchen shears or clean scissors, cut each flattened gumdropinto 2 leaves. Arrange the leaves on one edge of a cupcake. Repeat with the remaining gumdrops and cupcakes.
For the ladybugs:
- Tint 1 cup of the vanilla frosting with the red food coloring.
- Spoon the red sugar into a small bowl.
- Cover each Mallomar with red frosting. Roll each frosted Mallomar in red sugar to coat completely.
- Place one sugar-coated Mallomar on each leaf cupcake.
For the decoration:
- Spoon the chocolate frosting into a resealable plastic bag and snip a small corner of the bag. Pipe a line of chocolate frosting down the center of the red cookie; pipe an oval onto the front of the red cookie for the ladybug's head.
- Place 2 brown M&M's Minis on either side of the chocolate line; stick 2 chocolate sprinkles upright into the ladybug's frosting head.
- Continue with the remaining cupcakes.