- 1 (10-inch) round cake
- 1 ½ cups vanilla frosting
- 1 can (16 oz) dark chocolate frosting
- 12 red Almond M&M's
- 4 Yodels cream-filled chocolate snack cakes
What you'll need:
- A serving platter
Trimming the cake:
- Transfer cake to a serving platter large enough to fit the handle.
Frosting the cake:
- Spoon 1 1/4 cups of the dark chocolate frosting into a resealable bag.
- Spread the top of the cake with the vanilla frosting and make smooth.
- Spread the sides of the cake with the remaining dark chocolate frosting and make smooth.
To complete the decoration:
- Arrange 3 of the red candies, end to end to make the ant bodies on top of the cake.
- Snip a very small corner from the bag with the dark chocolate frosting. Pipe the legs and antennae onto the red Almond M&M's as pictured.
- Enlarge the cut corner in the bag with the dark chocolate frosting to ¼-inch and pipe a line around outer edge of cake.
- To make the magnifying glass's handle, arrange the snack cakes, end to end, and secure them together with the remaining chocolate frosting.
See all Incredible Birthday Cake Designs