Microphone Birthday Cake Design
Step-by-step recipes, designs and color pics of the easiest (and cutest) birthday cakes for boys and girls
- 12 colored ice cream cones
- 1 large bag jelly beans, M&M's, or other preferred small candies
- 1 can (12 oz) whipped chocolate frosting
- 12 baked cupcakes, paper liners removed
- 1 ½ cups chocolate sprinkles
- 12 (3-inch) lengths of black licorice laces
For the cone base:
- Poke a small hole in the bottom of the side of each ice cream cone.
- Fill the cones with the jelly beans or preferred small candies to add weight to the base of the cones.
For the microphone head:
- Spread some chocolate frosting along the inside lip of each cone. Place a cupcake into the mouth of each cone and press down lightly to secure.
- Cover the cupcakes with the remaining chocolate frosting.
- Place the chocolate sprinkles in a small bowl. Roll the cupcakes into the chocolate sprinkles to cover.
For the microphone cord:
- Insert a black licorice lace into the small hole at the base of each cone for the cord.