Pizza Birthday Cake Design
Step-by-step recipes, designs and color pics of the easiest (and cutest) birthday cakes for boys and girls
- 1 ½ cans (3 cups) vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- &frac tsp cocoa powder
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 (10-inch) round cake
- 5 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Raisinets
- 6 green Swedish Fish
- 5 white gumdrops
- 1 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 3 Tbsp grated white chocolate
What you'll need:
- A glass measuring cup
- A serving platter
- 1 resealable sandwich-size plastic bag (Ziploc)
- A rolling pin or heavy bottle
For the red and beige frosting:
- Tint 1 cup of the vanilla frosting tomato-red with the red food coloring. Spoon the red frosting into a glass measuring cup.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining vanilla frosting, along with a few drops of yellow food coloring. Mix to achieve the beige pizza-crust color.
- Spoon 1 ¼ cups of the beige frosting into a resealable plastic bag
For the "pizza dough":
- Place the cake on a serving platter.
- Spread the remaining beige frosting onto the sides of the cake.
- Snip a 1/3-inch corner from the bag with beige frosting. Pipe a thick ring of frosting around the edge of cake to create the pizza crust. Take a small spoon or butter knife and gently flatten the inside edge of the piped crust.
For the "pizza sauce":
- Heat the red frosting in the microwave oven for 15 to 25 seconds to make it pourable. Stir well and pour on top of the cake inside the "crust" ring. Spread the red frosting evenly.
For the "pizza toppings":
- Cut the hazelnut chocolates in half. Arrange the halved Ferrero Rocher chocolates, cut side down, on top of the red frosting for the "meatballs."
- Arrange the Raisinets as the "sausage" and the green Swedish Fish as the "anchovies" across the top of the pizza.
- For the "onion rings," spread the granulated sugar onto your cutting board or work surface. Flatten the gumdrops in the sugar, using the rolling pin or a heavy bottle. Cut out thin rings using a sharp paring knife or a small cookie cutter and sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Finish by sprinkling the grated white chocolate for the pizza's "cheese."